PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand (life questions)

PrepBlack
01-14-2019, 09:02 PM
I don't understand why my boyfriend doesn't make me presents :(
I don't understand why my parents lie to me :(
I don't understand will I ever have real friends :(

Kurisumind
01-15-2019, 04:29 AM
All these questions have the answers, but they can be different. For instance, your boyfriend. You say, he never gives you gifts. Probably, you are simply waiting for something really very special from him and do not care about small but pleasant things.

Your parents. All people do lie. They do it regularly (you do it as well). Simply try to be more sincere with your mom and dad, and you will see they will become more open.

Real friends will not appear from somewhere. Mix with people more, be frank, help others and do not ask for the reward, and you will realize soon: you have a "true friend".

WillowBliki
01-17-2019, 07:11 PM
Many people have the same ongoing situation as you. So have I.

About relationship with your guy... Of course you deserve presents. Maybe he don't know how to express himself. You can say him that it's very important to you to have a token of his affection.

Also. Some parents lie 'to protect' children from painful truth. It's sad but they are adult people and probably they'll never ever change. It's a reason to deal with your disappointment and accept them as they are.

And friends. I say about myself. I have few friends because of my shyness. And I don't love small talk. No doubting yourself.

Swesbrak
01-17-2019, 08:55 PM
1) Tell him immediately that you like to receive gifts as much as to make gift. Or give him something and tell him about it. Maybe they have no this practice in the family and you have to instill in him the habit. I've been through it and I know what it is. But maybe he is stingy. In this case you're the only one who has to decide whether to stay stingy for life or not.

2) Since your story is not fully known, I therefore give an example from my life. Parents often lie to us in our own interests. Rather, they do not tell us the truth to the end. In my practice this is so.

3) Real friends do not appear immediately, they become during life. Life itself will filter who's real a friend. So be patient.