Nuisance Forum

est

Best forum

Go Back   Nuisance Forum > Entertainment and Arts > Literature

Text here

Old 01-20-2019, 09:57 AM
Administrator

Default What book are you reading?

I'm reading "How to win friends and influence people" by Dale Carnegie.

I find a lot of useful advice that helped me to find my true friends.

One of them is became genuinely interested in other people. This is really working. Try it, you'll see how your friend is happy and so you're happy.

Another one is to always smile, people then smile to you also.

One of the best is making other people feel important, this is one is sure way to win new friends. I like this technique the most.

The technics are different, but somebody will surely find some that are working best for particularly for them.
Old 01-20-2019, 12:23 PM

Default The Social Animal

The book you read might seem even "ancient" for the fellows, who are deeply involved in everything, which is connected with psychology. They simply know all these "ABCs" that are described there. I suppose you can look through the other books and pick a certain edition, new and fresh.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:28 AM
Banned

Default Green Mile

The book is not "ancient". You can easily use awesome and wise recommendations, which has each chapter. Although I also adore psychology, some mysticism, and even paranormal stuff attracts my "crazy" (as my buddies think) mind. Thus, next week I will finish Green Mile. This scary, but so touchy novel has haunted me totally. It does not (no, not at all!) resemble the other stuff by Stephen King. This is a true pearl, even a diamond in the heritage of this strange a bit writer.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swesbrak View Post
The book you read might seem even "ancient" for the fellows, who are deeply involved in everything, which is connected with psychology. They simply know all these "ABCs" that are described there. I suppose you can look through the other books and pick a certain edition, new and fresh.
Probably, you will like The Social Animal. It has become a true bestseller - it simply describes us as we are, with all our strange sometimes wishes, desires, and weaknesses.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:42 AM

Default Lolita

I first read Carnegie when I was 15. I had weighty reasons to do it because I was bullied by group of my classmates. I decided to apply some advices in school life and it helped me, really helped.

Now I reread "Lolita". I'm enjoying it, it's fascinating. One side this story is creepy, it's a story of corruption Lo's childhood. But on the other hand I see those astonishing job of writing. Psychological scenes are so masterly that I feel much more than can explain.